|Posted by Susan McGeown on 14 August, 2019 at 13:45|
I’M LEAVING FACEBOOK. HERE’S WHY:
I have watched The Great Hack on Netflix this weekend which focuses Facebook’s failure to protect our personal data.
Have spent the last few days off Facebook,
• getting my news from reliable sources that I already subscribe to such as The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Guardian, Christianity Today, and BBC,
• staying informed with the truth on Open Secrets , Politifact , and Environmental Working Group,
• recognizing that NONE of my millennial children use the platform because of the serious privacy issues raised, and
• utilizing my amazing amount of free time praying, reading, writing, and researching.
Acknowledge that my passion and opinions for truth, correctness, and equality in both politics and faith can be lived out personally making participation on my pages TRUTH WITH FACTS and GOD’S GIRLS unproductive; further posting on these pages will not change any opinions and possibly cause further divisiveness in this already terribly divided world.
Have decided to no longer post on this platform despite the reality that it’s probably too little, too late. (Did you know that you cannot delete it from your Android phone?! Only “disable” it!)
• Hope those who wish to communicate with me will either call, write, or email me ([email protected])
• Hope those who wish to know about me and my writing will visit my Author/Speaker website
• Will still follow my most inspiring people/organizations on their own websites: Tim Fall , Marg Mowczko , Denise Murphy Plichta , and Patheos
• Will miss Biblical Christian Egalitarians , I’m Not That Kind of Christian , Christians Tired of Being Misrepresented - and may still take a peek now and then!!